Nagpur :- In a development in the AIMIM spokesperson and former party MLA Waris Pathan’s on-going controversy of “15-crore,” the Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh on Saturday has assured that there will definitely be an inquiry into the case.
Earlier on Friday, an FIR has been filed against Pathan in Karnataka’s Kalburgi where he had spoken at an anti-CAA rally. The BJP got an issue out of it and alleged that AIMIM leader Pathan’s controversial remarks show the conspiracy going on in the name of anti-CAA protest and questioned the “silence of liberals” opposing the law. Addressing an anti-Citizenship Amendment Act rally at Kalaburagi in North Karnataka on February 16, the All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul- Muslimeen leader reportedly alleged that 15 crore Muslims can prove to be heavy on the other 100 crore.
While talking to media persons, Deshmukh also said that his department would take appropriate action, if necessary, against Pathan – who is an ex-MLA from Mumbai, for making inflammable remarks. Pathan has been widely condemned for reportedly stating that “15 crore hain lekin 100 crore pe bhari hain”. Later, when confronted for making a communal remark, Pathan refused to apologize and maintained that he would never speak against the country or any religion. Reacting to his comments, the Maharashtra unit chief of AIMIM and Aurangabad Lok Sabha member, Imtiyaz Jaleel said, his party does not support Pathan’s statement. The party will seek an explanation from him over the remarks, he said.