Srinagar: A Jammu and Kashmir Power Development Department (PDD) employee was electrocuted and another critically injured while repairing electric lines here on Sunday, an official said.
The employees were engaged in repair work atop an electric pole in Badshah Chowk area when current was switched on suddenly at the sub-station concerned.
The deceased, identified as Mushtaq Ahmad, belonged to Rainawari area of Srinagar.
PDD authorities have suspended the area’s junior engineer and the assistant executive engineer for extreme negligence.
State police has also lodged an FIR against the officials concerned, while the Srinagar District Magistrate has ordered a magisterial enquiry into the incident.
The injured employee was admitted to hospital where doctors described his condition as critical.