Infant dies of accidental strangulation in swing

Child

Nashik: A nine-month-old girl died allegedly due to accidental suffocation while she was asleep in a swing at her home on Tuesday. The incident took place in Shivaji Nagar locality in Nashik.

As per sources, the infant identified as Aradhya Khadpe was put to sleep by her mother in a cloth swing. To save the infant from falling to the ground from the swing, her mother had wrapped a scarf around her inside the swing. When the baby moved inside the swing during her sleep the scarf tied around her got entangled around her neck, which led to her death.

Unaware of it, her mother went to wake up the baby she saw the child lying motionless. They rushed the baby to the civil hospital, where doctors declared her brought dead. Doctors confirmed that she died of suffocation, they added.