Satara: An ammonia gas tank was exploded in front of Pankaj Hotel in Karad on Tuesday morning. After the explosion the gas has spread in the area due to the leakage. Fire prevention teams, police and revenue department are trying to stop the gas leakage.
According to the information, the leakage started from a welded part of the tank. In no time the tank exploded. In the blast, the tank lid was thrown away up to 30 foot in a field. The other tanks next to the exploded tank also started leaking.
There were 11 ammonia gas tanks and 9 empty tanks. Lots of gas was released in the air after the explosion, created discomfort for the locals due to foul odour.